What is an Infrared Sauna?
Infrared Saunas produce infrared waves (with a zero emission magnetic frequency rating) at lower temperatures that penetrate the skin to approximately 1.5"/3.81cm, increasing the body’s temperature internally and more effectively than merely sitting in a hot environment. It makes a perfect therapeutic environment by helping the body with many ailments:
What is the difference between a Conventional Sauna & an Infrared Sauna?
The infrared sauna is effective at a temperature between 110° to 140° F/43°C to 60°C, allowing for a more comfortable experience compared to a conventional sauna. We standardly set the recommended temperature to 50°C/122°F. Traditional steam or hot rock saunas heat only the air around them at high temperatures between 150-235°F.
This means that people with chronic heart or lung conditions can safely use the sauna. When stepping into our sauna, you feel a comfortable and gentle, dry heat that is easy to relax and breath in.
What to expect:
- 40 minute private sauna session
- We provide a robe, towels & a spray bottle
- Calming spa & relaxation music
- Books & Magazines
For your comfort:
- Arrive hydrated. Its is recommended to drink 1L prior to using an infrared sauna.
- Our sauna is quite large, so you may lay down to fully relax if you wish.
- One person per booking only, no exceptions (even of those of the same household).
What to bring:
- A bathing suit
- Your own music if you wish
- Your own book or magazine
- Glass or metal water bottle (plastic not recommended)